Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cross your fingers!!


Everyone cross your fingers...I am REALLY REALLY hoping for a snow day here tomorrow.  You would think after having over a month off of school, I would be ready to go back to classes tomorrow, but I just want ONE MORE DAY!

Here's a picture of Meagan, my roommate.  Look at all the snow we have so far!
Honestly I shouldn't be that excited because I'm from Colorado and have seen a bunch of snow, but never like this in Nashville.  All of the other Universities in the area have been cancelled...c'mon Belmont!

Anyways, I have been promising a workout on here.  Here's what Meagan and I did at the gym today.  
1 mile at an 8:00 minute pace
Then we did a strength workout I found online the other day.  I in no way will take credit for this workout, so if anyone does it and it kicks their butt like it kicked mine, don't blame me!
1. Squats with overhead dumbbell press
2. Jumping lunges
3. Burpees
4.  Rows
5. Pushups
6. Mountain climbers.
We chose a certain amount of reps to start with and their worked our way down to 1 rep from there.  Rachelle and I did this workout last week, and I will tell you, it doesn't get much easier.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Meagan and I have decided to add to our Resolutions and we are not going to eat out at all this entire month.  We went to Costco today and bought all sorts of produce and salad stuff, so hopefully we can keep this up.  Today was NUTS at the grocery stores PS.  It's like people are Doomsday Prepping for this crazy storm we are supposed to get.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for my snow day!

1 comment:

  1. My fingers and toes are crossed for a snow day... mostly because I don't think I'll be able to walk tomorrow!! That workout was intense! I'm excited to eat healthy again and save some money... we can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete