Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2014 Race Plans

Ashley and I are signed up to run the Colfax half marathon on May 18th in Denver this year, so we will be starting our training in a few weeks (probably mid-February), and we will be using the 12-week Hal Higdon plan (either the Novice 2 or the Intermediate).  We've both been working out a lot and are in pretty good shape (Ashley more than me), so I feel like we can handle the Intermediate.  But maybe we'll decide once we actually start the training.

This will be my second race since my surgery and I'm really excited to see if I can beat some of my past times.  My half marathon last year was 6 months after surgery and while it was definitely an accomplishment, I was not in great shape and it was pretty painful (I earned every bit of that 1:59:46 time though).

I am excited because this will be the first race Ashley and I have run together in a while (since the 2012 Horsetooth Half, which kicked both of our butts...hello hills!).  Colfax is FLAT FLAT FLAT (thank goodness!) and we get to run through the zoo!  It will be pretty early so I hope some of the animals are awake!

We'll probably be documenting our training updates here on the blog, and would love to hear if anyone else is running Colfax or a half around the same time - nothing like sharing the joys of training with others!

We are hoping to run a full marathon in the fall of this year, just still trying to figure out which one we'd like to do.  The 2011 Nike Women's marathon seems like forever ago - it's time we added another 26.2 to our records!


Anyone have races coming up in 2014?
Let us know if you are running Colfax or will be training for something during May!

2 comments:

  1. I noticed you left out the story of how that lovely bandage got on your knee and shoulder at the NWM...

    ReplyDelete