Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Strength/Spin workout

Hello!  Just though I would do a quick post on the workout my roommate Meagan and I did today.  I recently read another blog that was giving workout ideas and suggested using a deck of cards to help make the workout a bit more fun.  Meagan and I have done this twice now, and it actually does make the workout a little more interesting.  So all you need for the strength part is a deck of cards and you're good to go.


This workout was from last week- the one we did today was a bit different and I liked it a lot better.  So every time you pull a card from the deck, the number (including face cards- jack=11, queen=12 and king=13...you'll start to hate those face cards pretty quick) is the number of reps you do.

Clubs= jumping lunges
Spades= planks (multiply the number seen on the card by 4)- this is how many seconds your plank should last
Hearts= wall sit- same timing as the plank (multiply by 4)
diamonds= burpee pushups

I broke the cards into 4 parts and then did spin for 10 minutes in between each strength set.  IT WAS HARD!  I decided not to post another sweaty selfie because it's just too gross.  Anyways, let me know if anyone tries this workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment