Sunday, January 19, 2014

Go Broncos!!!

I'm back...finally.  Sorry it has taken me so long to post again.  I never got my snow day last week (sad day) and then things have gotten crazy busy with classes starting again.  Anyone in PT school knows what I'm talking about.

Anyways, today has been an absolutely wonderful day!  I found out my dad is taking me to Key West for Spring Break- woot woot- and the Broncos won the AFC playoff and will be winning the Super Bowl in 2 weeks...(I hope).  Don't blame me if I just jinxed it.  Here's a little sneak peek of what I will get to be doing in less than 2 months.
Let' just say, this girl is NOT complaining.  And I am thrilled to have something to look forward to in the next 2 months!  This is my thrilled face:
Now on to why I look so sweaty and disgusting in this photo.  As promised, I have a new workout for you.  Although this blog is called therunningsisters, from my posts you would never even know I run.  I promise I do, I just haven't uploaded any running workouts yet.  I'll post a speed workout for the treadmill later this week, but for today, here's a 40 minute spin workout that will hopefully make you as sweaty as me---or else I'll feel even grosser than I already do.
THE WORKOUT:
-5 min hard warmup*
-5 min hill- increase a quarter turn every 30 seconds, sprint the last minute on a hard hill *
-5 min sprints-easy 30 sec, sprint 30 s for 5 minutes *
-8 min rolling hill SEATED (I hate these normally) with the peak of the hill at 4-5 minutes then decrease your resistance over the next 3 minutes*
-7 minutes: 1 min easy,
           1 min up in position 3 for 4 counts, down in the saddle for 4 counts, 1 min standing sprint and                1 min easy and then repeat*
-5 min standing steady climb*
5 min sprints- sprint 30 sec, easy 30 sec*
***Every time you see one of these babies* get off the bike and do a 1 minute plank.  By the end, you'll have done 7 minutes of planks, and then possibly be sore and hate me tomorrow :)
Enjoy.  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  And once again, Go Broncos!!

2 comments:

  1. I will try this one this week and I am sure will be cursing you :)

    Bodypump in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This workout made me prettttty sweaty... and according to My Fitness Pal I burned a ton of calories! So thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete