Friday, January 31, 2014

TGIF

Hello there!  I know it's been about a week since I have blogged and I apologize (especially to Rachelle).  It's been my birthday week/ professors decided to give us a million exams and projects hell week over here.  BUT it's finally over and Hallelujah it is Friday!  I hope everyone has something fun in store for this weekend.  I think I have too many fun things/not enough studying planned, but who cares...the Broncos are only in the Super Bowl every 10 years right?

Anyways, here is a recap of my past week....minus the whole studying thing because that will clearly bore you to tears...I'm crying just thinking about it.

A week ago, a couple of friends and I headed WAYYYYY out to the country (and I mean country- Wal Mart is their idea of a mall) to my grandparent's house for a birthday dinner celebration.  I don't mean to make you drool here, but here is a picture of the deliciousness we experienced.



Aren't my grandparents so sweet?

In case you were wondering, thats filet mignon, mushroom ragout, horseradish dinner muffins, and creamed spinach.  I won't even go into dessert....OKAY I will- we had tiramisu and butter pecan ice cream.  let's just say all ideas of eating healthy were completely thrown out the window.  You only turn 24 once right?  Or every day for an entire week because all I've been doing is enjoying cupcakes, cookies, and muffins.  Oops!  I also got some really cool gifts this week including a bottle of gin (obvi I was excited- even though my friends call me an old man), a Runner's World Cookbook, and some local honey, granola, and oatmeal from a company in Nashville!  (Thanks Ali for coming up with such cool gift ideas).

In other news, my friend Katie and I decided to run the St. Louis Go half marathon the first weekend of April.  Looks like we better get training this weekend!!  We are already two weeks behind on the Hal Higdon training but we will catch up I'm sure (you know with all that free time us PT students have).

I hope everyone is having a great last day of January!  I have decided for February I am completely cutting sweets/desserts out of my diet.  Yikes!  This will be month 2 of my year of monthly resolutions- we will see how long that lasts!

Oh and PS..... GO BRONCOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment